Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Simple Things Sunday: Mr. No Turns 5!

Mr. No turned 5 yesterday!  I can't believe another year has gone by.  And while a birthday party isn't really a simple every day thing, being able to just sit back and enjoy him at his party, instead of hosting it at home, and not having to miss any of it made me realize that I did miss a lot on the birthdays that we did a house party.  I just got to sit back and take some photos of him and his little friends having a great time. He told me it was his best birthday ever!

It's tradition for me to decorate his breakfast area and chair the night before so he wakes up to a birthday surprise.  He gets so excited so it's worth the little extra effort.


Even our Elf on the Shelf, Eggnog Evergreen,  got into the birthday spirit with a little Scooby Doo themed  mischief and a little present.  Mr. No thought the "trap" was hilarious!

Eggnog even left a little present on the left.
opening his scooby doo presents
After breakfast and some play time, we headed out to My Gym for his party with his school friends.  I've never seen Mr. No so excited!  The party hosts at my gym were awesome!  They let the kids play on their own and then periodically led some fun group games that the kids seemed to really enjoy.  I know that Mr. No did. I would absolutely recommend them for any younger kid's party.  They were amazing with the kids, made sure they had tons of fun and I got to just sit back and watch the kids.



dance party!


Since it was a Scooby Doo themed party, one of the hosts dressed up like a ghost and the kids got to throw fake snowballs at her.  I think that was their favorite part of the day!



birthday ride around the gym
Cake Time with a super delicious cake from Bean Counter.  It was soooo yummy!  And cute!



Then we went home, Daddy didn't have to work which was super special for Mr. No, and we spent the rest of the afternoon playing with all his new toys and watching Scooby Doo episodes.  And all of that made it his "best birthday ever!"  Happy birthday to my now big boy Mr. No!  You're smart, silly, sassy, crazy, hilarious and absolutely the best thing to ever happen to us!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors